- One Vase ($ Tree)
-One bit of ribbon
-Two Bags of Mini-Gum Balls ($ Tree)
- One Dowel Rod
-One Piece of Card Stock
-One Piece of Printing Paper
-Glue or Glue Dots
1. Clean the vase. (You have no idea how many people have touched that thing!)
2. Measure the length of ribbon that you'd like to use on your vase. (longer if you want a bow!)
3. Put a dab of hot glue or a glue dot on the back of the vase where you want your ribbon to go.
4. Place the center of the ribbon on the dot. Press firmly.
5. Wrap the rest of the ribbon around. I crossed my ribbon directly across from the original glue dot. I put one dot of glue on the glass and secured one side. I then put a glue dot on top of the ribbon and the second glue dot and secured the other tail of the ribbon. Super easy.
6. Create a sign that says "Age" Blows. I used digital scrapbooking papers/elements from here and used Pixlr to create the sign. You can use scrapbooking materials, construction paper, MS Paint, whatever. Just make a sign. (Check out my Pinterest Digital Scrapbooking Board.)
7. Print said sign on printing paper. Cut it out.
8. Cut a piece of card stock to make the back of the sign. (This makes the sign stiffer so it doesn't flop around.)
9. Glue the dowel rod to card stock.
10. Glue the printed sign to the dowel rod AND the card stock.
11. Secure the opposite end of the dowel rod to the bottom of the vase. I used a glue dot. I highly recommend using a dab of hot glue!!
12. Pour/arrange the gum balls in the vase, filling it as much as you'd like!
TADA! You now have a fun centerpiece/gift/joke/candy surprise for someone in your life! It's super easy and was a big hit! My Uncle Steve loved it and thought it was super creative! My family members raved! :-) I think I'm going to make a peppermint one for my Grandpa's 70th birthday in a couple years. He LOVES peppermints! :-)
Here are some pics of the party!
|The hubs and I|
|Blow Out the Candles!|
|Opening Presents! (Gotta break out those reading glasses!!)|
|Lots of funny gag gifts! (I also taught him my cheesy present pose! Haha!)|