Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 Days of Christmas--Day 1--Christmas Recipes

While other blogs are posting about gift guides, fun new toys, and/or presents, Presents, PRESENTS, I've decided to do my 12 Days of Christmas posts about other things. Recipes, fun decorating ideas, DIY projects, crafts, etc. ALL Christmas related! I'm pretty excited! :-) Anyway, if you'd like to join in on the theme for the day (please post links/images/ideas that I didn't post) feel free to link up below so I can follow yours, too! Also, grab my 12 Days of Christmas button and post it on your blog and/or each post(s) so others can join in on the fun! :-)

If your family is like my family, then each year that you gather, people pretty much make the same desserts year to year. My mom ALWAYS makes peanut butter balls. Aunt Tina always makes Oreo balls. Grandma always makes cut out cookies. Aunt Tracy usually brings something random. (If you're a family member reading this, will you please let me know if Aunt Tracy brings anything consistently each year??) Now that I'm married, have my own home, etc. I can't ride my mom's coat tails with the dessert tradition. I made something last year, but I can't remember what it was! (The hubs and I hosted Christmas last year, so we did a LOT of cooking, even though everyone always brings side dishes and such.) Anyway, each year, there are always cookies/goodies recipes that we all KNOW are going to be there. Since, I'm adding my own dessert/goodies to the lot, I want to find a recipe that is a family favorite this year AND for years to come!

Here are some awesome recipes I found on Pinterest the last few months! (I'm linking back to where they were originally pinned from!)

1. Sour Cream Cookies (similar to Grandma's cutout cookies!)

2. Hot Cocoa Cookies (I plan on making these soon...possibly for Kahl Family Christmas this year!)

3. Red Velvet Cheesecake Cookies (I might make these for Christmas at my in-laws!)

4. Gingerbread Cupcakes w/Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (Yum!)

5. Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes (I am not a fan of mint, so I doubt I'll make these, but how adorably Christmasy!)

Do you have any recipes to share today? Be sure to link back to this post and leave a comment letting me know that you did! I'd love to check out the recipes you posted!





Please click HERE to see the daily topic list of the 12 Days of Christmas at Angela's Favorite Things!





If you could take 2 seconds and give this a click, it would mean so much to me! Thank you!!